By Steve Fortosis
Read or Download The Multilingual God: Stories of Translation PDF
Similar evangelism books
By way of our final breath, what's going to subject such a lot is what we have now performed to persuade this global for the dominion of God. take pleasure in Ray Comfort’s straight-forward variety and functional purposes. His "LIVE" ministry resides evidence that evangelism is a potential paintings as mandated through the Lord. "Go ye hence, and train all international locations, baptizing them within the identify of the daddy, and the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
William H. Willimon, some of the most revered voices within the pulpit this day, has been inspiring congregations and their leaders for many years. This brilliant number of sermons-mined from Willimon's earliest pastorates, via his time as Dean of the Chapel at Duke collage, to his present calling as a Presiding Bishop of the United Methodist Church-provides a desirable and encouraging examine this grasp preacher.
The Psalms: Language for All Seasons of the Soul brings jointly essays from eighteen outdated testomony students discussing the newest in Psalms scholarship and using exegetical insights to the lifetime of religion. those essays discover the entire diversity of emotion expressed within the Psalms—from elation to distress—while weaving jointly observations from biblical scholarship and theology.
What's dying? Why can we die? and what occurs when we die? Over the centuries, philosophers and theologians of the world’s religions have provided solutions to the hassle of dying, but this topic isn't given the special cognizance it merits within the modern Christian church. As Christians, how does our view of loss of life effect the verbal exchange of the gospel in today’s pluralistic societies?
- Journal of the Travels and Labours of Father Samuel Fritz in the River of the Amazons between 1686 and 1723 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- Heralds of the King: Christ-Centered Sermons in the Tradition of Edmund P. Clowney
- Education for Liberation: The American Missionary Association and African Americans, 1890 to the Civil Rights Movement
- A Great Mystery: Fourteen Wedding Sermons
- India and the Indianness of Christianity: Essays on Understanding -- Historical, Theological, and Bibliographical -- in Honor of Robert Eric Frykenberg ... in the History of Christian Missions (SHCM))
- Lessons Learned Along the Way: From Indiana to Indonesia
Additional resources for The Multilingual God: Stories of Translation
The Multilingual God: Stories of Translation by Steve Fortosis