By Matthew Scarpino
Makers can do outstanding issues with vehicles. certain, they’re extra advanced than another circuit components, yet with this e-book, you could thoroughly grasp them. when you do, amazing new tasks turn into attainable.
Unlike different books, Motors for Makers is a hundred% occupied with what you are able to do. no longer concept. Making.
First, Matthew Scarpino explains how electrical vehicles paintings and what you want to find out about every one significant style: stepper, servo, induction, and linear vehicles. subsequent, he offers certain directions and dealing code for interfacing with and controlling servomotors with Arduino Mega, Raspberry Pi, and BeagleBone Black. All resource code and layout records can be found so that you can obtain from motorsformakers.com.
From begin to end, you’ll study via useful examples, crystal-clear reasons, and photographs. If you’ve ever dreamed of what you'll do with electrical cars, cease dreaming...and commence making!
- Understand why electrical cars are so flexible and the way they work
- Choose the precise motor for any project
- Build the circuits had to keep watch over each one kind of motor
- Program motor regulate with Arduino Mega, Raspberry Pi, or BeagleBone Black
- Use gearmotors to get the correct quantity of torque
- Use linear automobiles to enhance velocity and precision
- Design a completely sensible digital pace keep watch over (ESC) circuit
- Design your personal quadcopter
- Discover how electrical vehicles paintings in sleek electrical vehicles--with a desirable inside of examine Tesla’s patents for motor layout and control!
Read or Download Motors for Makers: A Guide to Steppers, Servos, and Other Electrical Machines PDF
Best robotics books
Within the attract of Machinic lifestyles, John Johnston examines new varieties of nascent existence that emerge via technical interactions inside of human-constructed environments -- "machinic lifestyles" -- within the sciences of cybernetics, synthetic lifestyles, and synthetic intelligence. With the improvement of such learn tasks because the evolution of electronic organisms, laptop immune structures, man made protocells, evolutionary robotics, and swarm structures, Johnston argues, machinic existence has completed a complexity and autonomy helpful of research in its personal correct.
The Cambridge Handbooks on development Robotics talk about development in robotic structures concept and display their integration utilizing actual systematic purposes and projections for offsite in addition to onsite development creation. The sequence is meant to provide pros, researchers, teachers, and scholars conceptual and technical talents and implementation options to control, study or train the implementation of complicated automation and robot-technology-based techniques in development.
Advances up to the mark Mechanics relies on a countrywide technological know-how Foundation-Sponsored Workshop on keep an eye on Mechanics, i. e. , regulate method improvement utilizing analytical equipment of mechanics and lively keep an eye on of mechanical platforms. ebook of the displays at this workshop during this educational Press sequence has made it attainable to extend them right into a structure so as to facilitate the learn and usage in their major effects through operating pros and learn staff at the foreign scene.
Offers an in depth research of the hot advancements and functional purposes of automated regulate. Of specific curiosity are regulate difficulties with regards to energy structures, water offer platforms, toxins, commercial approaches, power economics and creation administration platforms. comprises over eighty papers.
- Handbook of Modern Sensors: Physics, Designs, and Applications: Physics, Designs and Applications
- Advanced Mechanics in Robotic Systems
- Control and Dynamic Systems V40: Advances in Robotic Systems Part 2 of 2: Advances in Theory and Applications
- Optimal Real-time Control of Sewer Networks (Advances in Industrial Control)
Extra resources for Motors for Makers: A Guide to Steppers, Servos, and Other Electrical Machines
Motors for Makers: A Guide to Steppers, Servos, and Other Electrical Machines by Matthew Scarpino